Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Tough Lick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Tough Lick

    I found out last night while visiting my Mom that one of my first cousins (whom i have always been close to) is in a mental institute, and will remain there for the rest of his life. I took him in for awhile and did all i could for him, but he began huffing glue, and the last time i spoke with him he was unable to even put sentences together. His dad said he told him he was going for a walk (they live in Winston-Salem), and he ended up in Chicago. Later on he walked into a man's house and sat down in the chair at 3 am, and was nearly shot. He had no clue where he was. Shannon has been diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimers. He is twenty five years old and has Alzheimers (hard to deal with). My cousin will not live to see thirty. So a little message for young ones one here: Don't start-leave it alone. Heckuva way to spend Fathers Day huh? Now the trick for me is getting my strength up to handle going to Lexington, N.C to visit him (perhaps the last time i will see him). His dream was to join the Army Rangers, retire, and spend his golden years as a youth minister. What a tragedy when you allow drugs to get in the way of your dreams. Friends: remember me if you would. This has hit me hard in the gut.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PainfullyTaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tough Lick

    wow..this has really hit me hard..i have been an addict for almost three years now....it is always hard fot me to stop..I also have a very close cousin in Marion, a mental institution....and it just has never really hit me..I want to thank you for putting this up here..it's almost like I am not alone..I am very sorry that this has happened but just keep your head up and try to stay as positive as you can.....you and your cousin will be in my prayers....
    *~WhaT*HaVe*i*BeCoMe?*mY*SwEEteSt*FriEnD~
    ~EvErYonE*I*KnoW*GoEs*AwAy*In*tHe*EnD~*

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Tough Lick

    Some of the first friends I buried were elementary school kids that were blowing paint in cans- cold weather always led them to build a fire and fires and spray paint cans are BOMBS . Burns all over , almost as good as napalm at close range, and if you are cold , well you get close to the fire. Even if you don't see an impact right then, paint/glue causes chromosome damage, you'll see when you have kids. I feel for you , seeing someone and there just isn't anyone home behind what used to be , bright friendly eyes, ..... cold cold. It is like a monster they battle every second, every day, and I just haven't seen a cure for an addiction yet. Good luck , Gang.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tough Lick

    What a waste for people to get hooked on things like that. So sad. Sorry to heat that Unchained.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tough Lick

    Gonna tell you guys something: I battled a cocaine addiction that had me for 3 years. Quitting literally almost killed me. I have came a long way. If you ever need an ear, just give me a holler.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member PainfullyTaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tough Lick

    I had a friend that is still trying to give it up...not going to good for him tho...i am battling a lot of stuff...nothing that I would really like to stay on here but I am doing a lot better than what I was....thanx man... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    *~WhaT*HaVe*i*BeCoMe?*mY*SwEEteSt*FriEnD~
    ~EvErYonE*I*KnoW*GoEs*AwAy*In*tHe*EnD~*

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tough Lick

    I experimented with a lot of different things when I was in the Army. But I am thankful to say my only two addictions are worknig and football.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tough Lick

    One of my good buddys was on cocaine pretty bad. He lost a lot of wieght. Finally he quit and is starting to look better. I think most of us have experimented with drugs or alchol.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tough Lick

    All of us have battled our demons at one time or another and some have turned to medication or alcohol to numb ourselves. I had a time in my life where I thought alcohol could take me away for awhile. Fortunately, I was never that far along with it that I needed outside help to kick the habit. My thoughts are with you, Unchained.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tough Lick

    Me ,too guys I was a crank head for almost two years when the law and my new born son made me see the light.Sorry to hear about it unchained I'll be praying for you and your cousin!
    free like OJ all day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •